- Diversity on Board, presented in collaboration with United Way of Summit County, provides leadership development, education and board-matching services to advance racial/ethnic minority representation on nonprofit and public boards. The goal is simple: create more diverse talent for community service.
- The Young Black Professionals Coalition (YBPC), a nonprofit organization, focuses on the personal, professional and social development of our future leaders, including high school and college students. YBPC works to strengthen the minority community by providing tools to enhance one’s overall wellness through a variety of workshops, social activities and continuous education.
- Akron Urban League’s Ignite program works with job candidates to meet the demands of employers. Its new mentorship program, ConnectSuccess, includes training and professional development to help ensure sustainable relationships, employment, personal, and professional growth. Volunteer mentors come from several sectors of the professional community, including their community partners, members of their affiliates, the Akron Urban League Young Professionals and the Akron Urban League Guild and members of their Akron Urban League leadership and staff.
- ATHENA Akron is dedicated to bringing women leaders together by offering leadership programming and an opportunity to connect with women leaders in the Akron area, as an affiliate of ATHENA International.
- In the fall of 2019, Women’s Network and the Greater Akron Chamber memorialized a formal Affiliation Agreement where Women’s Network essentially became the professional development, leadership development and programming arm of the Greater Akron Chamber. As two organizations with similar missions, together they provide valuable programming and leadership development for women.
Elevate Greater Akron is a result of a year-long collaboration among leaders at the City of Akron, Summit County, and the Greater Akron Chamber to focus on the best ways to drive opportunity for all in our region. The initiative, called Opportunity Akron, is funded by the GAR Foundation with a focus on economic inclusion. To find out more, visit Elevate Greater Akron.